Natalie über Star Wars

Generelle Diskussionen rund um die Person Natalie Portman; verwandte Themen eingeschlossen. Beiträge, die persönliche Informationen zum Gegenstand haben oder den nötigen Respekt vermissen lassen, sind unerwünscht und werden gelöscht.
Antworten
Aleph
The Professional

Beitrag von Aleph »

http://www.nationalpost.com/scripts/pri ... 32023.html

May 16, 2002

Natalie Portman, queen of Star Wars universe, says sci-fi isn't her thing

Canadian Press

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Though she's the current queen of the Star Wars universe, Natalie Portman did not grow up a fan of George Lucas' space epic. Portman, 20, was not even born when the first two Star Wars movies came out, and she had not seen the original trilogy until she was cast in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace.

"It really wasn't my thing. It still isn't my thing, the whole science-fiction action thing," Portman told The Associated Press in a telephone interview this month. "I prefer simpler, character-based movies."

Though she was not an enthusiast herself, Portman has a good handle on why Star Wars became such a cultural phenomenon.

"First of all, they can be enjoyed on a real popcorn level, really simple entertainment where you can go to different planets and be completely transported to a different place," Portman said. "On a deeper level, it's based on mythological elements that are things people really cling to."

In Episode II - Attack of the Clones, Portman reprises her role as Padme Amidala, who has completed her term as queen of the planet Naboo and is now a member of the galactic Republic's Senate.
Aleph
The Professional

Beitrag von Aleph »

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/ ... 48704.html

Portman not a Star Wars enthusiast

May 17 2002

Though she's the current queen of the Star Wars universe, Natalie Portman did not grow up a fan of George Lucas' space epic.

Portman, 20, was not even born when the first two Star Wars movies came out, and she had not seen the original trilogy until she was cast in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace.

"It really wasn't my thing. It still isn't my thing, the whole science-fiction action thing," Portman told The Associated Press in a telephone interview this month. "I prefer simpler, character-based movies."

Though she was not an enthusiast herself, Portman has a good handle on why Star Wars became such a cultural phenomenon.

"First of all, they can be enjoyed on a real popcorn level, really simple entertainment where you can go to different planets and be completely transported to a different place," Portman said. "On a deeper level, it's based on mythological elements that are things people really cling to."

In Episode II -- Attack of the Clones, Portman reprises her role as Padme Amidala, who has completed her term as queen of the planet Naboo and is now a member of the galactic Republic's Senate.
Aleph
The Professional

Beitrag von Aleph »

http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/st ... theadlines

Natalie Portman 'ignored' Star Wars as a child

Natalie Portman says she didn't grow up as a Star Wars fan.

And she doesn't care for the whole science-fiction genre.

The 20-year-old actress wasn't born when the first two movies were released.

And she didn't watch the original trilogy until she was cast in Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace.

Portman said: "It really wasn't my thing. It still isn't my thing, the whole science-fiction action thing. I prefer simpler, character-based movies."

But she says she understands why Star Wars has become such a cultural phenomenon.

"First of all, they can be enjoyed on a real popcorn level, really simple entertainment where you can go to different planets and be completely transported to a different place.

"On a deeper level, it's based on mythological elements that are things people really cling to."

Star Wars Episode II: Attack Of The Clones is released in the UK and US today.

Story filed: 10:45 Thursday 16th May 2002
cooper
Post Attacks!
Beitrag von cooper »

Vielleicht wäre es besser, man würde die Artikel in das Artikelarchiv stellen und dann im Forum nur einen Link hinterlegen.

Andernfalls wird das Suchen durch die Forumseinträge massiv erschwert, da man zu viele suchergebnisse bekommt, die nicht wirklich zu einer Diskussion gehören.

cooper
"Makes 'Speed' look like a slow ride to grandma's house."
Don Statter about "The Professional"
Antworten